Wine Bar Supervisor (Part-Time)
Job Title: Wine Bar Supervisor (Part-Time)
Reports To: Director of Theater Operations
The Jacob Burns Film Center (JBFC) is a nonprofit cultural and educational institution located in Pleasantville, NY, dedicated to presenting the best of independent narrative, documentary, and world cinema, promoting visual literacy, and making film a vibrant part of the community.
We are seeking a part-time Wine Bar Supervisor to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Theater Operations, the Supervisor is responsible for delivering and cultivating strong guest relationships and day-to-day service excellence within the Jacob Burns Film Center Theater’s wine bar, as a member of a team that achieves high levels of operational and financial results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides a world-class guest experience at the Wine Bar and Theater at large through outstanding service and thoughtful, results-oriented selling skills.
- Establishes strong relationships with bar patrons, and proactively and effectively communicates product features and benefits, as well as promotional information.
- Develops and maintains a strong knowledge of JBFC programs and products.
- Demonstrates a tenacious drive for a high level of operating efficiency and financial results.
- Accountable for becoming a trusted, successful expert in the bar.
- Able to work independently with initiative and without close oversight, but also excited by the opportunity to consistently work with a larger team to exceed goals.
- Performs all functions to effectively execute initiatives in a timely manner.
- Assists in all aspects of Wine Bar operations, including correct pouring, stock control, product maintenance, and financial accuracy.
- Prepares, warms, and heats food as needed and adheres to all freshness, sell-by dates, and food-safety regulations.
- Maintains visual and cleanliness standards to support an engaging, responsible, and safe environment.
- Contributes to a team-oriented atmosphere ensuring that operations are running in a friendly, courteous, safe, and efficient manner.
- Responsible for cleaning and properly maintaining the bar, pantry, equipment, and all seating and dining areas.
- Upholds the JBFC Code of Conduct and other company policies and procedures.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must have at least one year previous bartending and food handling service experience required.
- Knowledge of wine and beer.
- Passionate and consistent about delivering a stellar guest experience.
- Strong communicator with a professional presence to build relationships with guests and coworkers.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service mindset with ability to resolve minor conflicts.
- A track record of meeting challenging sales and operating goals.
- POS and computer skills needed.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (nights, weekends, holidays).
- Hands-on team player with a strong work ethic.
Ideal Applicants Would Have:
- Serve Safe Alcohol Certification preferred.
Hours: Expected to work varying shifts from Thursdays to Saturdays between the hours of 11:00am-11:00pm, 12-18 hours a week. As needed, some flexibility is required to support JBFC events during the week.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Wine Bar Supervisor 23” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls, please.
Unsure if you should apply? Research indicates that some candidates are less likely to apply if they do not meet 100 percent of the listed qualifications. If this is you, and you believe you would excel in this position, we strongly encourage you to submit your application. We are actively recruiting candidates with diverse work experiences, backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, and abilities. We believe all work experience has value, and are fully considering all applicants with a strong desire to help us fulfill our mission, including candidates who are making career-focus shifts or returning from employment gaps. Please use your cover letter as an opportunity to express your interest in JBFC’s mission and programs, and how you envision yourself contributing as a member of our team.
Our organization participates in the E-Verify Program.
The Jacob Burns Film Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in hiring and employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, creed, sex, gender (including gender identity), sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic predisposition and/or carrier status, disability, age, religion, marital status, national origin or citizenship status, veteran status, or any other classification as protected by law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply for positions to be filled. Please inform the JBFC if you need any assistance with the instructions provided to participate in our application process. Questions and concerns may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties and responsibilities that are required of this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned.