Audience Services Associate
The Jacob Burns Film Center seeks part-time, year-round Audience Services Associates to support the operations of our five -screen, independent, art-house cinema. Audience Services Associates are responsible for all audience/customer service associated with ticketing for the theater, including sales, orders, printing of tickets, and membership related questions and concerns.
The Audience Services Associate position is, above all else, rooted in exceptional customer service. We celebrate film as a vehicle for entertainment, education, and inspiration, and we aim for every customer’s visit to be enjoyable and exceptional. Candidates must exhibit and maintain superior customer relations with audience members, visiting artists, special guests, and fellow staff members at all times.
The position requires a working understanding of ticketing services systems, with knowledge of Tessitura a definite plus. The capability to troubleshoot issues thoroughly and efficiently within the Tessitura system will be crucial, as is the readiness to learn and expand one’s knowledge of the platform and customer service in general. Excellent math skills and the ability to reconcile cash drawers are strongly preferred. Audience Services Associates will report not only to Theater Management but also to the Membership Department, ensuring that customers enjoy an overall positive experience when purchasing tickets to screenings and resolving ticketing issues.
Audience Services Associates are also expected to carry out any job function that Theater Management and/or the Membership Department deems appropriate and necessary to ensure an exceptional audience experience.
- Politely and efficiently assist audience members with their needs related to ticketing and their visitor experience
- Quickly and efficiently troubleshoot ticketing issues while maintaining JBFC’s high standard for customer service
- Maintain open, consistent, and timely communication with theater managers, the Membership Department, co-workers, and audience members
- Accurately reconcile cash drawers
- Be punctual and prepared to begin work on time
- Take initiative to maintain knowledge of current and upcoming film programming and education courses
- Other duties as assigned
- Working knowledge and understanding of ticketing services systems
- Experience with customer/audience service
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, customer-facing environment
- Working knowledge of Tessitura (strongly preferred)
- Excellent math skills; ability to reconcile cash drawers
Applicants should demonstrate the following:
- An outgoing personality with an interest and/or love of film
- An eagerness to learn and expand their knowledge of the Tessitura platform as well as general customer service skills
- The ability to think quickly on one’s feet while remaining calm in a busy audience services environment
- Politeness and patience, coupled with the desire to work hard while still having fun
Salaries are hourly and begin at $15.00/hour
Applicants must be available to work 4 shifts (23-28 hours) per week during operating hours. The theater is open 365 days a year, and night/weekend/holiday availability and flexibility is a must.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Audience Services Associate 18” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
The Jacob Burns Film Center seeks part-time, year-round ushers to support the operations of our five -screen, independent, art-house cinema. Ushers are responsible for the seating and safety of all audience members in all theaters.
Ushers are expected to provide the highest level of customer service to all audience members, visiting artists, special guests, and fellow staff members. Ushers are also expected to carry out any job function that theater management deems as appropriate and necessary for the purposes of caring for, maintaining, and improving our facilities, and customer experience.
- Politely assisting guests to the correct theater for their screening.
- Quickly and thoroughly cleaning theaters in between screenings. Visually sweep theaters for safety hazards and necessary repairs.
- Consistently maintain cleanliness of restrooms.
- High level of communication with managers, co-workers and patrons
- Provide undivided attention to patrons while assisting them with their needs
- Properly assisting guests with special needs
- Maintain the cleanliness of the building; lobby, restrooms and theaters
- Show up for shifts when scheduled, with flexibility for change in schedules
- Maintaining knowledge of current and future film programming and education courses.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Other duties as assigned.
Applicant should demonstrate the following:
- Outgoing personality with an interest or love of film
- Experience with customer service including volunteering and interning
- Leadership capabilities and self motivation to perform tasks and learn new things
- Ability to think quickly and remain calm in a busy environment
- Politeness and patience with the desire to work hard and have fun
Salaries are hourly and begin at $11.00/hour
Applicants must be available to work primarily evenings and weekends, and at least 3 shifts (20 hours) per week during these hours. The theater is open 365 days a year, and night/weekend/holiday availability and flexibility is a must.
Please click here for an application. Hiring remains open year-round. When positions become available, candidates who are being considered will be contacted to schedule an in-person interview.
Send completed application and references via email only to email@example.com with “Theater Usher” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
We are not currently accepting interns at this time.
The Jacob Burns Film Center is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate in hiring and employment on the basis of race, creed, sex, gender, religion, age, color, disability, marital status, national origin or citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic predisposition and/or carrier status, veteran status, or any other classification as protected by law. Please inform the JBFC if you need any assistance with the instructions provided to participate in our application process. Questions and concerns may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org