Inspired by teachers we work with, JBFC offers professional development opportunities for educators to engage with our team for skill-building, resources, and ideas on integrating media literacy into the classroom. These are Professional Development Workshops and One-on-One Consultations.
Our goal is for teachers to walk away from these professional development experiences feeling empowered and excited to bring media viewing and doing to their students.
- Model how to promote successful group work
- Promote a differentiated classroom approach
- Support teachers by showing them they have the resources and skills to succeed
- Create a community for teachers to touch base and share
- Use sessions to better understand how to best support teachers
- Introduce at least some filmic language
- Give teachers something to take away (slideshow, worksheet, resources)
Virtual Professional Development Workshop
January 20, 2022
4:00 PM ET–6:30 PM ET
The JBFC is proud to launch a new series of Professional Development Workshops for the 2021-22 academic year. These short PD opportunities cover a variety of topics that any educator interested in exploring the power of film will find valuable. These workshops also offer the opportunity to build a community of like-minded educators and continuing learners with a passion for media literacy.
Have a specific request or question around media viewing or doing in the classroom? Fill out our quick One-on-One Consultation Survey for an opportunity to speak with a member of our Education Team to help brainstorm and give suggestions on any thoughts or questions you may have.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org