Up From The Streets
You can purchase a digital screening of Up From The Streets for only $12, after which you’ll have 72 hours to watch the film in a “virtual screening room” created just for patrons of the JBFC. Like many cinematic engagements, this film will be available for screening purchases for one week to start; if demand is sufficient, the title will be “held over” for additional weeks as needed.
With each screening of Up From The Streets purchased during this period you’ll provide much-needed support to both the JBFC and Eagle Rock Entertainment—who will evenly split the revenue—as we navigate these uncharted waters
Any questions? Check out our Virtual Screening Room FAQ.
About Up From The Streets:
- 104 m. Michael Murphy. Eagle Rock Entertainment. US. English. NR.
New Orleans’s distinct history, which came about as a result of its political and social history, is examined through the lens of its music. There is a thread that runs through the city that can be heard from the drumming at Congo Square in the 1700’s through to today’s vibrant music scene. A powerful form of expression, the music of this city was a vehicle to communicate a desire for freedom, express frustration of the injustices of segregation and Jim Crow laws, a healing force that helped bring the city back from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina, and is still a vital statement against ongoing cultural & racial biases. Executive Producer Terence Blanchard and Director Michael Murphy, show how the culture of New Orleans is reflected in its music, how music impacts culture; and how even in the darkest of times, music lifts and unites.
A portion of the proceeds from every ticket sold will be donated to The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Foundation’s Jazz & Heritage Music Relief Fund, a statewide relief fund created to support Louisiana musicians and music industry workers whose livelihoods have been adversely impacted by this unprecedented crisis.
- To take advantage of this screening option, you will follow this link to Eventive. You will first need to register on this site with your own personal login details (you will not have access through your existing JBFC account). It’s very easy! You will enter your name and email address and set a password.
- This film can be viewed on a television (using Eventive’s Apple TV app, or mirroring a mobile device to your television set), a mobile device (iPhone, iPad, Android) and/or a computer (by clicking on the link in the confirmation email).
- For any questions regarding streaming, device, connection, or payment issues, you will need to reach out to Eventive directly.
- Please feel free to reach out to JBFC support for non-streaming questions at email@example.com.
- Please note that we are unable to offer member prices.