Ella Fitzgerald: Just One of Those Things
You can purchase a digital screening of Ella Fitzgerald: Just One of Those Things for only $12, after which you’ll have 72 hours to watch the film in a virtual screening room created just for patrons of the JBFC.
With each screening of Ella Fitzgerald: Just One of Those Things purchased during this period you’ll provide much-needed support to both the JBFC and Eagle Rock Entertainment—who will evenly split the revenue—as we navigate these uncharted waters.
Any questions? Check out our Virtual Screening Room FAQ.
About Ella Fitzgerald: Just One of Those Things:
- 90 m. Leslie Woodhead. Eagle Rock Entertainment. UK/US. English. NR.
Ella Fitzgerald was a 15 year-old street kid when she won a talent contest in 1934 at the Apollo Theater in Harlem. Within months, she was a star. Ella Fitzgerald: Just One of Those Things follows her extraordinary journey over six decades as her sublime voice transforms the tragedies of her own life and the troubles of her times into joy. The film uses never-before-seen images and unheard interviews to bring Ella Fitzgerald to life and tell the story of her music.
The film also uncovers Ella’s commitment to the battle for Civil Rights; and it explores the conflicts that always haunted this intensely private woman, including the struggle to reconcile her hunger for adoring audiences with her longing for a domestic life with her husband and son. At a time when she was the biggest singing star in the world, her pianist and friend Oscar Peterson said Ella was “the loneliest woman in the world.” But as Jamie Cullum says, “her music is one of the reasons it’s worth being on this planet.”
Featuring interviews with Tony Bennett, Jamie Cullum, Laura Mvula, Johnny Mathis, Smokey Robinson, Cleo Laine, Andre Previn, Norma Miller, Patti Austin, Itzhak Perlman, Margo Jefferson, Will Friedwald, and a rare interview with Ella’s son, Ray Brown Jr. Narrated by Sharon D. Clarke.
- To take advantage of this screening option, you will follow this link to Eventive. You will first need to register on this site with your own personal login details (you will not have access through your existing JBFC account). It’s very easy! You will enter your name and email address and set a password.
- This film can be viewed on a television (using Eventive’s Apple TV app, or mirroring a mobile device to your television set), a mobile device (iPhone, iPad, Android) and/or a computer (by clicking on the link in the confirmation email).
- For any questions regarding streaming, device, connection, or payment issues, you will need to reach out to Eventive directly.
- Please feel free to reach out to JBFC support for non-streaming questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that we are unable to offer member prices.