JBFC Preview Club
See previews of the newest independent releases— subscribe to this popular club!
Subscribers get an exclusive first look at the most interesting new indies and foreign films, giving them a chance to spread their cinematic wings! This coming season, we’re pleased to welcome long-time programmer, Karen Sloe Goodman, back to the JBFC to take the reigns as the new host of the JBFC Preview Club! Karen brings with her over a decade’s worth of work on JBFC series like the Westchester Jewish Film Festival, Sounds of Summer, and Focus on Nature.
Tickets for the July-December 19 season are on sale now to all members!
Preview Club always sells out in advance, so subscribe early!
Each evening of the JBFC Preview Club begins at 7:15 pm with an introduction by the host, who announces the film selection at that time. The element of surprise is one of Preview Club’s fun highlights, giving viewers the opportunity to discover films they might ordinarily miss. The host also gives a brief wrap-up after the film.
- The Preview Club meets monthly at 7:15 pm on a previously-scheduled Monday or Tuesday (subscribers subscribe to a specific series of dates).
- The club is available to Jacob Burns Film Center members by subscription only.
- It is available as a 6-month series ($120 per person) or a 3-month series ($60 per person) in two seasons: Jan.–June and July–Dec.
- Subscriptions are initially sold during an advance Priority Purchase period to JBFC members at the Film Buff level and above, every May and November.
- The six-month option is offered as a Priority Purchase benefit to Film Sponsor, Film Enthusiast and Silver Screen Circle members of the film center.
- The three-month option is offered as a Priority Purchase benefit to Film Buff members.
- Any six-month subscriptions remaining at the end of the Priority Purchase period are offered to Film Buff members on a first come, first served basis in the order subscriptions were received.
Dates for the upcoming July-December 2019 season are:
Mondays: Jul. 8, Aug. 5, Sept. 16, Oct. 14, Nov 18, Dec. 9
Tuesdays: Jul. 9, Aug. 6, Sept. 17, Oct. 15, Nov 19, Dec. 10
What Film Club Subscribers Are Saying:
Via survey responses and our Facebook group, JBFC Film Club subscribers take part in an ongoing discussion. Current subscribers: Email us additional thoughts! Here are some recent comments:
“This was one of the best films I’ve seen in all the years I’ve been attending JBFC Preview Club. It was mesmerizing. ” (What Will People Say)
“Loved the whimsy, Halla’s cunning bravery, those Ukranian singers!!, Halla’s joy when singing, her strong quietness. Loved it and love it more every time I think about it–which is often!. ” (Woman at War)
“Always like being exposed to different kinds of films and this certainly was one I never would have gone to see on my own. ” (Shoplifters)
Have other questions? Visit our FAQ.