JBFC Camp COVID-19 Health and Safety Policy
To provide a safe, in-person learning environment for campers, the Jacob Burns Film Center is currently requiring the following for its camp programs: **Please note that these guidelines are subject to change.**
- All campers are required to be fully vaccinated with a single booster dose against COVID-19 two weeks prior to the start of our first camp session on July 11, 2022. Proof of a student’s full vaccination for COVID-19 and single booster dose must be provided by June 27, 2022.
- All JBFC Summer Camp Staff are required to be vaccinated and boosted.
Masks & Social Distancing
- Masks are optional. KN95s will be provided upon request.
- In the case of a COVID community spike, masks may go from optional to required. *See COVID-19 Symptoms & Exposure Protocol below.
- Social distancing is not required, though will be available for lunch and snack times if requested by campers.
Cleaning & Disinfecting
- All classrooms and high touch surfaces will be regularly cleaned and disinfected.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided in all classrooms and common spaces.
COVID-19 Symptoms & Exposure Protocol
- Campers experiencing any of the following symptoms will not be allowed to attend camp for the day: cough, fever, shortness of breath, new loss of taste/smell.
- If a camper is currently at camp and begins experiencing any of these symptoms, a parent or guardian must pick them up as soon as possible.
- If someone at camp comes down with COVID, they will not be allowed to return for the duration of the camp. Here is the JBFC’s protocol if such a situation arises:
- We will send out an email as soon as possible alerting all exposed campers and their parents/guardians.
- Campers who have been exposed will be required to wear a N95/KN95 or comparable quality mask for the rest of their camp experience. KN95s will be provided upon request.
- We encourage that any individual exposed to COVID-19 take a COVID-19 test before returning to the JBFC campus.
For more information for the Jacob Burns Film Center’s COVID 19- Policy please click here.