Creative Culture Residency Program
Residencies in Creative Culture are four–six week intensive experiences for established filmmakers looking to work on a feature film project. Residents receive housing, a private editing suite, a weekly stipend, and access to the resources available at the Media Arts Lab and JBFC Theater. Residencies are by invitation only, with filmmakers being selected through partnerships with other like-minded organizations. A Creative Culture residency provides two members of a film team with the time and space to do significant work on a feature length project over the course of four–six weeks.
Each residency offers:
- Four–six weeks of housing at the JBFC Residence for two members of a film team.
- A weekly stipend provided for two members of a film team.
- Access to a private editing suite within the residence that is both Premiere and Avid compatible.
- Access to the production and post production spaces at the Media Arts Lab.
- Support from JBFC Staff and visiting filmmakers.
Residencies currently offered include:
- International Narrative Residency in partnership with the Sundance Institute
- Womxn Filmmaker-in-Residence in partnership with Chicken & Egg Pictures
- Focus-on-Nature Filmmaker-in-Residence in partnership with EarthxFilm
- Remix Filmmaker-in-Residence in partnership with Black Public Media
- Middle East & North African Filmmaker-in-Residence in partnership with Close-Up
Residencies are offered by invitation only.
Creative Culture residencies are curated in partnership with: