No sections are available at this time, please check back soon.
Screenwriting: Character Craft
Great stories start with great characters. This hands-on intermediate-level screenwriting course will help you create rich, three-dimensional characters who will bring your scripts to life.
- Develop the skills of creating a protagonist, an antagonist, and supporting roles.
- Screen clips and read excerpts from a variety of genres that illustrate memorable, effective characters in film.
- In-class and take-home writing exercises will help you create and shape a well-rounded cast.
- Examine how contrast and conflict, desires, and goals can reveal character.
- Use the skills you learn to workshop short scripts with a focus on character development.
- Taught by Rob Morton, working screenwriter and director.
8 Tuesdays, Mar. 13–May 8 (no Apr. 3)
Class size: 10
$460/$414(JBFC members, Film Family level and above)
Nonmembers will be charged a $20 registration fee.