Posted June 24, 2020
How to Fundraise for the JBFC on Facebook & Instagram
We’re thrilled to share the news that you can now support the JBFC by setting up fundraisers on Facebook and Instagram! Whether you’re interested in raising money for a birthday fundraiser or supporting us “just because,” we’ve put together a step-by-step guide of how you can harness this valuable fundraising tool on both Facebook and Instagram.
How to Support the JBFC with a Facebook Fundraiser:
- If you are accessing Facebook on a computer or through a browser, click “Fundraisers” in the left menu of your News Feed.
- If you’re accessing Facebook through the app on a phone or tablet, click the three bars in the bottom-right hand corner of your screen (the “Menu” icon), and click on “Fundraisers.” As a note, you may have to click “See More” to see this option.
- Click “Raise Money” or “+Create Fundraiser”
- Select “Nonprofit”
- Search for and select “Jacob Burns Film Center,” choose a cover photo, and fill in the fundraiser details, including a goal amount.
- Click “Create,” and watch the donations roll in!
How to Support the JBFC with an Instagram Fundraiser:
- In Instagram, click on your profile picture image (the circle in the top left) to create an Instagram story
- Take or upload a photo that you want to represent your JBFC fundraiser
- Once you’ve selected a background image, tap the sticker icon – the square smiley face centered among the icons in the top-right of your screen
- Select the “Donation” sticker in the pop-up window
- Search for and select the JBFC’s Instagram account, jbfc_pville when it allows you to search for a nonprofit, and the “Donation” sticker should appear on your screen on top of the image you previously selected
- Customize your story fundraiser as desired using Instagram Stories’ creative tools
- Tap “Send to” in the bottom right corner. Then tap “Share” next to “Your Story”
- Your fundraiser will be live in your Instagram stories for 24 hours, and the proceeds will be sent automatically to the JBFC!