Posted June 24, 2020
We’re thrilled to share the news that you can now support the JBFC by setting up fundraisers on Facebook and Instagram! Whether you’re interested in raising money for a birthday fundraiser or supporting us “just because,” we’ve put together a step-by-step guide of how you can harness this valuable fundraising tool on both Facebook and Instagram.
How to Support the JBFC with a Facebook Fundraiser:
- If you are accessing Facebook on a computer or through a browser, click “Fundraisers” in the left menu of your News Feed.
- If you’re accessing Facebook through the app on a phone or tablet, click the three bars in the bottom-right hand corner of your screen (the “Menu” icon), and click on “Fundraisers.” As a note, you may have to click “See More” to see this option.
- Click “Raise Money” or “+Create Fundraiser”
- Select “Nonprofit”
- Search for and select “Jacob Burns Film Center,” choose a cover photo, and fill in the fundraiser details, including a goal amount.
- Click “Create,” and watch the donations roll in!
How to Support the JBFC with an Instagram Fundraiser:
- In Instagram, click on your profile picture image (the circle in the top left) to create an Instagram story
- Take or upload a photo that you want to represent your JBFC fundraiser
- Once you’ve selected a background image, tap the sticker icon – the square smiley face centered among the icons in the top-right of your screen
- Select the “Donation” sticker in the pop-up window
- Search for and select the JBFC’s Instagram account, jbfc_pville when it allows you to search for a nonprofit, and the “Donation” sticker should appear on your screen on top of the image you previously selected
- Customize your story fundraiser as desired using Instagram Stories’ creative tools
- Tap “Send to” in the bottom right corner. Then tap “Share” next to “Your Story”
- Your fundraiser will be live in your Instagram stories for 24 hours, and the proceeds will be sent automatically to the JBFC!