You can order a virtual screening of The Antidote for just $12, after which you’ll have 7 days to watch the film, all in an online screening room created just for patrons of the JBFC.
With each screening of The Antidote purchased during this period, you’ll provide much-needed support to both the JBFC and Abramorama—who will evenly split the revenue—as we work together to continue bringing our audience exciting new and repertory releases.
Any questions? Check out our Virtual Screening Room FAQ.
About The Antidote:
2020. 102 m. Kahane Cooperman/John Hoffman. Abramorama. US. English. NR.
Made in response to the times we are living in, The Antidote is a feature documentary that weaves together stories of kindness, decency, and the power of community in America. It’s about everyday people who make the intentional choice to lift others up and make their communities better, despite the fundamentally unkind ways of our society—which are at once facts of life in America, and yet deeply antithetical to our founding ideals. Directed by Academy Award-nominee Kahane Cooperman and six-time Emmy-winner John Hoffman, The Antidote aims to drive a national conversation about the roles that kindness, decency, compassion, and respect play in a civilized, democratic society. While it’s easy to court despair in the face of monumental, structural problems, The Antidote tells stories of compassionate people intentionally leveraging the resources within themselves and their communities to give others a chance at a better life. The Antidote isn’t about an idea or a platform; there are no historians, policy wonks, or celebrities. It is simply about how we treat each other. It is about who we are and, maybe, it’s about who we can be.
- To take advantage of this screening option, you will follow this link to Eventive. You will first need to register on this site with your own personal login details (you will not have access through your existing JBFC account). It’s very easy! You will enter your name and email address and set a password. Signing up is totally free.
- This film can be viewed on a television (using Eventive’s Apple TV app, or mirroring a mobile device to your television set), a mobile device (iPhone, iPad, Android), and/or a computer (by clicking on the link in the confirmation email).
- For any questions regarding streaming connection or payment issues, you will need to visit Eventive’s help page.
- Please feel free to reach out to JBFC support for non-streaming questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that we are unable to offer member prices.