John Lewis: Good Trouble
You can now purchase a digital screening of John Lewis: Good Trouble for only $12, after which you’ll have 30 days to watch the film and 72 hours to finish it once you start, all in a virtual screening room created just for patrons of the JBFC.
With each screening of John Lewis: Good Trouble purchased during this period you’ll provide much-needed support to both the JBFC and Magnolia Pictures—who will evenly split the revenue—as we navigate these uncharted waters.
Any questions? Check out our Virtual Screening Room FAQ.
About John Lewis: Good Trouble:
- 96 m. Dawn Porter. Magnolia Pictures. US. English. PG.
Using interviews and rare archival footage, John Lewis: Good Trouble chronicles Lewis’ 60-plus years of social activism and legislative action on civil rights, voting rights, gun control, health-care reform, and immigration. Using present-day interviews with Lewis, who passed away last week at the age of 80 after a lifetime of service, Porter explores his childhood experiences, his inspiring family, and his fateful meeting with Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. in 1957. In addition to her interviews with Lewis and his family, Porter’s primarily cinéma verité film also includes interviews with political leaders, Congressional colleagues, and other people who figured prominently in Lewis’ life.
Immediately following the feature, there will be a pre-recorded discussion between Representative Lewis and Oprah Winfrey, filmed earlier this year and made available exclusively for virtual cinema and in-theater engagements of the film. This is a wide-ranging, informal, 16-minute conversation that’s a perfect follow-up to the documentary.
Additionally, on July 9 at 7:30 EST, you can view a panel discussion presented by the Freedom Rides Museum of Montgomery, Alabama, featuring Freedom Riders Dr. Bernard Lafayette and Dr. Rip Patton in conversation with director Dawn Porter. In partnership with the Capri Theatre.
- To take advantage of this screening option, you will follow this link to Eventive. You will first need to register on this site with your own personal login details (you will not have access through your existing JBFC account). It’s very easy! You will enter your name and email address and set a password.
- This film can be viewed on a television (using Eventive’s Apple TV app, or mirroring a mobile device to your television set), a mobile device (iPhone, iPad, Android) and/or a computer (by clicking on the link in the confirmation email).
- For any questions regarding streaming, device, connection, or payment issues, you will need to reach out to Eventive directly.
- Please feel free to reach out to JBFC support for non-streaming questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that we are unable to offer member prices.