Creative Culture Fellowship Program
Creative Culture provides 10-month long fellowship experiences for emerging filmmakers looking to produce two short film projects in a collaborative community. Fellows join a community of other creatives and receive access to production equipment and space, mentorship, and the JBFC’s industry network.
As a fellow you’ll be part of a community of eight filmmakers working together in a senior thesis-like experience. Fellows support each other through table reads, industry workshops, rough-cut reviews, and skill shares.
- Participation in two semesters of Creative Culture’s fellowship program
- Stipend support for each semester
- Two short films supported
- Access to professional production equipment
- Production and post production space
- Mentorship from JBFC staff and visiting filmmakers
- Peer support of other fellows within the program
Fellowships currently offered include:
- Social Justice Filmmaker Fellowship (Offered Only in Fall)
- Health & Wellness Fellowship (Offered Only in Fall)
- The Valentine and Clark Emerging Artist Fellowship (Offered Fall & Spring)
- The Womxn Filmmaker Fellowship (Offered Fall & Spring)
- The Silver Sun Diverse Voices Fellowship (Offered Only in Spring)
- The Gary Winick Visionary Narrative Fellowship (Offered Only in Spring)
Please note that the Creative Culture fellowship application cycle is currently postponed due to COVID-19. We expect to open the next call for applications in Spring 2021 for fellowships beginning in Fall 2021. Full details on the application process will be available on our website when the submission period begins.
Creative Culture films have been selected by: