Creative Culture Fellowship Program
Creative Culture provides 10-month long fellowship experiences for emerging filmmakers to produce short film projects in a collaborative community. Fellows participate in weekly sessions at the JBFC’s Media Arts Lab with a cohort of peers and receive access to mentorship, stipend support, production equipment, post-production facilities and software, and the JBFC’s industry network.
The application for Fall 2021 Creative Culture fellowships is now closed. Applicants will be notified of their application status by mid-August. We will begin accepting applications for Spring 2022 fellowships this fall. Please see the application guidelines for more details.
Participating fellows produce two short films in a collaborative community of eight filmmakers working together in a senior thesis-like experience. Fellows support each other through table reads, industry workshops, rough-cut reviews, and skill shares.
Each fellowship offers:
- Participation in two semesters of Creative Culture’s fellowship program
- Stipend support for each semester
- Access to professional production equipment, including lenses provided by Zeiss
- 24/7 access to workspace and post-production facilities at the JBFC Media Arts Lab
- Mentorship from JBFC staff, visiting filmmakers, and industry guests
- Peer support of other fellows within the program
Learn more about current Creative Culture fellows, program alumni, and films produced in the Creative Culture fellowship program:
Creative Culture films have been selected by: