Creative Culture Fellowship Program
Creative Culture provides 10-month long fellowship experiences for emerging filmmakers looking to produce two short film projects in a collaborative community. Fellows join a community of other creatives and receive access to production equipment and space, mentorship, and the JBFC’s industry network.
As a fellow you’ll be part of a community of eight filmmakers working together in a senior thesis-like experience. Fellows support each other through table reads, industry workshops, rough-cut reviews, and leading skill shares.
Each fellowship offers:
- Participation in two sessions of Creative Culture’s Fellowship Program
- Stipend provided for the first session
- Two short films supported
- Professional equipment
- Production and post production space
- Mentorship from JBFC Staff and visiting filmmakers
- Peer support of other fellows within the program
Fellowships currently offered include:
- The Sally Burns Shenkman Woman Filmmaker Fellowship (Fall & Spring)
- The Valentine and Clark Emerging Artist Fellowship for local emerging filmmakers in the Hudson Valley (Fall & Spring)
- The Silver Sun Diverse Voices Fellowship for filmmakers from underrepresented communities (Spring)
Applications for the Fall Semester will open later in April.
Projects made in Creative Culture’s Fellowship Program have been selected at the following festivals:
Sundance Film Festival, SXSW, Doc NYC, Slamdance Film Festival, Hamptons International Film Festival,
New Orleans Film Festival, LA Film Festival, National Film Festival for Talented Youth, DC Shorts Film Festival,
Tallgrass Film Festival, Cucalorus Film Festival, Citizen Jane Film Festival