No sections are available at this time, please check back soon.
Be part of the creative community everyone is talking about. Creators’ Co-op at the Media Arts Lab is exclusively for high school students. As a Co-op member, you’ll deepen your craft through a variety of workshops, create original projects in collaborative crews, receive support to bring individual projects to life, and take advantage of our state-of-the art facilities and equipment. You’ll also be able to watch films with friends, share works-in-progress, exhibit completed projects, and participate in ongoing Lab programs. Supported by faculty, individualized mentorship, and a peer network, Creators’ Co-op offers a unique experience for every student.
- Take up to four unique workshops per semester and develop essential skills to use in fiction, nonfiction, animation, documentary, or interactive projects.
- Participate in up to two crews, creating original collaborative projects in a high-energy six weeks.
- Attend monthly meetings and table reads to share ideas, connect with working video and media professionals, screen works-in-progress, and participate in short challenges.
- Receive one-on-one mentorship and guidance on your projects.
- Participate in trainings and have access to cameras, lighting, sound equipment, and specialized Lab facilities.
- Enjoy discounted and free screenings and special events at the JBFC Theater.
- One flat fee covers all Creators’ Co-op programs.
- Questions? Contact the Registrar at email@example.com or 914.773.7663 ext. 8.
All students are expected to participate in these mandatory gatherings. Mark your calendar!
$1100/$990 (JBFC members, Film Family level and above)
Nonmembers will be charged a $20.00 registration fee.
Co-op Meeting and Parent Orientation for all Co-op Students
Tuesday, Jan. 30, 4:30–6:00 pm (student meeting)
Tuesday, Jan. 30, 6:00–6:30 pm (parent orientation)
Co-op Meeting and Table Reads
Tuesday, Feb. 27, 4:30–7:30 pm
Tuesday, Apr. 17, 4:30–7:30 pm
Group Screening Days
Monday, Feb. 12, 4:30–7:30 pm
Monday, Mar. 26, 4:30–7:30 pm
Monday, Apr. 30, 4:30–7:30 pm
Group Editing Days
Tuesday, Apr. 10, 4:30–7:30 pm
Tuesday, May 15, 4:30–7:30 pm
Wednesday, May 16, 4:30–7:30 pm
Group Editing and Works-in-Progress Check-In
Tuesday, May 8, 4:30–7:30 pm
Tuesday, May 22, 6:30–8:30 pm