Posted June 16, 2021
Please note, as the circumstances evolve, we are making updates to our policy. The most current information is always featured on the homepage above the film calendar.
Effective this Friday, June 18, in accordance with updated New York State and CDC guidance, masks will be optional for fully vaccinated individuals. Patrons not yet vaccinated for COVID-19 continue to be responsible for wearing masks, in accordance with federal CDC guidance.
JBFC has planned a deliberate, phased reopening strategy. On June 18, we are excited to reopen our two top-floor theaters, bringing all five screens into operation. Later in June, we will once again serve popcorn, beverages, and other snacks in our lobby.
Here are some helpful reminders for visiting the Theater:
- Assigned and socially distanced seating will no longer be required in the theater, and we will return to our general admission seating policy.
- Capacity limits are still in place and will gradually increase through June and July, so we strongly encourage you to buy tickets online in advance to avoid being sold out.
- We will also gradually increase the number of screenings on our schedule. Please check our website for the latest updates.
- The JBFC Theater box office opens 45 minutes before the first showtime of the day. Auditoriums open for seating 30 minutes before showtime. Please do not arrive before this time.
- No outside food or beverages are permitted.
We continue to do our very best to keep our patrons and staff safe by following CDC guidance on preventing COVID-19 transmission. Please do your part! We have a fantastic lineup of films coming this summer, and we can’t wait to see you at the movies again!