Fellowship Program will resume in 2023. Stay tuned for details.
Jacob Burns Film Center provides 10-month long fellowship experiences for emerging filmmakers to produce short film projects in a collaborative community. Fellows participate in weekly sessions at the JBFC’s Media Arts Lab with a cohort of peers and receive access to mentorship, stipend support, production equipment, post-production facilities and software, and the JBFC’s industry network.
Participating fellows produce two short films in a collaborative community of eight filmmakers working together in a senior thesis-like experience. Fellows support each other through table reads, industry workshops, rough-cut reviews, and skill shares.
Each fellowship offers:
- Participation in two semesters of the fellowship program
- Stipend support for each semester
- Access to professional production equipment, including lens rentals sponsored by Zeiss
- 24/7 access to workspace and post-production facilities at the JBFC Media Arts Lab
- Mentorship from JBFC staff, visiting filmmakers, and industry guests in weekly meetings
- Peer support including skill shares and feedback on works-in-progress
Watch award-winning short films produced by JBFC Fellows.
Read about the filmmakers we’ve supported since 2016.