Driven to Abstraction
You can order a virtual screening of Driven to Abstraction for only $12, after which you’ll have 3 days to watch the film in an online screening room created just for patrons of the JBFC.
With each screening of Driven to Abstraction purchased during this period, you’ll provide much-needed support to both the JBFC and Grasshopper Films—who will evenly split the revenue—as we work together to continue bringing our audiences exciting new and repertory releases.
Any questions? Check out our Virtual Screening Room FAQ.
About Driven to Abstraction:
2019. 84 m. Daria Price. Grasshopper Films. US. English.
Driven to Abstraction unravels a mutating tale of self-delusion, greed, and fraud—the $80 million forgery scandal that rocked the art world and brought down Knoedler, New York City’s oldest and most venerable gallery. Was the gallery’s esteemed director the victim of a con artist who showed up with an endless treasure trove of previously unseen abstract expressionist masterpieces? Or did she eventually suspect they were fakes, yet continue to sell them for millions of dollars over fifteen years? Whatever the truth may be, two women from very different worlds crossed paths in what would become the greatest hoax ever in Modern American Art.
- To take advantage of this screening option, you will follow this link to Grasshopper’s site. You will first need to register on this site with your own personal login details (you will not have access through your existing JBFC account). It’s very easy! You will enter your name and email address and set a password. Signing up is totally free.
- This film can be viewed on any computer, laptop, iPad, Chromebook, or other mobile device.
- IMPORTANT: The only way to watch this film on a television is to mirror or cast from one of the above devices to your television, or connect your laptop/device directly to an input on your television via HDMI or VGA cables.
- Please feel free to reach out to JBFC support for non-streaming questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that we are unable to offer member prices.