Part-Time Theater House Staff
The Jacob Burns Film Center (JBFC) is a nonprofit cultural and educational institution located in Pleasantville NY whose mission is dedicated to presenting the best of independent, documentary and world cinema, promoting visual literacy, and making film a vibrant part of the community. We seek part-time House Staff to join the Theater Staff team for our five-screen independent cinema, which is typically open every day of the year and receives 225,000 patrons annually (when there are no COVID-mandated shutdowns).
Responsibilities will include:
- Politely assisting guests to the correct theater for their screening
- Quickly and thoroughly cleaning theaters in between screenings according to JBFC COVID protocols. Visually sweep theaters for safety hazards and necessary repairs.
- Consistently maintain the cleanliness of restrooms according to JBFC COVID protocols
- High level of communication with managers, co-workers, and patrons
- Provide undivided attention to patrons while assisting them with their needs
- Properly assisting guests with special needs
- Show up for shifts when scheduled, with flexibility for change in schedules
- Maintaining knowledge of current and future film programming and education courses
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ensuring patron compliance with COVID related policies
- Other duties as assigned.
Applicant should demonstrate the following:
- Outgoing personality with an interest or love of film
- Experience with customer service including volunteering and interning
- Leadership capabilities and self-motivation to perform tasks and learn new things
- Ability to think fast and remain calm in a busy environment
- Politeness and patience with the desire to work hard and have fun
Other Responsibilities may include:
- Crowd control
- Developing and maintaining a team-oriented atmosphere
- Enforcing company policies and procedures
Start date: TBD
This is a part-time, hourly position beginning at $14.00/hour
Applicants must be at least 16 years of age and available to work at least 3 days a week, which include 2 weekend shifts which entail Friday, Saturday and Sunday, plus at least 1 weekday. Flexibility is a MUST!
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “House Staff 21” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
Learn more about the organization at www.burnsfilmcenter.org
The Jacob Burns Film Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring and employment on the basis of race, creed, sex, gender, religion, age, color, disability, marital status, national origin or citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic predisposition and/or carrier status, veteran status, or any other classification as protected by law. Please inform the JBFC if you need any assistance with the instructions provided to participate in our application process. Questions and concerns may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.