La Traversée de Paris
Purchase a virtual screening of La Traversée de Paris!
You can purchase a digital screening of La Traversée de Paris for only $6.99, after which you’ll have 72 hours to watch the film in a virtual screening room created just for patrons of the JBFC.
Each screening of La Traversée de Paris purchased during this period will provide much-needed support to both the JBFC and Rialto Pictures—who will evenly split the revenue—as we navigate these uncharted waters.
Any questions? Check out our Virtual Screening Room FAQ.
About La Traversée de Paris:
1956. 80 m. Claude Autant-Lara. Rialto Pictures. France. French with subtitles. NR.
Two unlikely companions, the straight-laced Martin (Andre Bourvil, Le Cercle Rouge) and the bombastic Grandgil (Jean Gabin, Touchez Pas au Grisbi), must smuggle four suitcases filled with contraband pork across Nazi-occupied Paris. While Martin tries to make it through with workmanlike efficiency, Grandgil seems to create—and subsequently surmount—obstacles for the fun of it. Adapted from Marcel Aymé’s short story “The Trip Across Paris,” this rarely-seen French gem, which premiered in Paris just about a decade removed from the actual occupation, has also been known over the years as Four Bags Full and A Pig Across Paris.
How to watch:
1. Click this link to visit Film Movement Plus’s virtual cinema platform, where your one-time purchase of $6.99 will give you access to your virtual ticket to view the film.
2. To ensure that you are able to pause and revisit the film within your rental period, you will be required to create a free account.
3. After you have created an account and entered your payment information, your rental period will start immediately and last for 72 hours. You can view the film via the link in the receipt sent to your email, or simply click “Watch Film” when the confirmation page appears directly after purchase.
4. You will be able to easily watch the film at any time within this period on any of the following platforms:
a. SMART TV (using the browser on your Apple TV, Android TV, Fire TV, Roku or Chromecast)
b. MOBILE DEVICE (iPhone, iPad, Android)
c. COMPUTER (by clicking on the link in your email receipt)
5. Need help? Please visit this FAQ page.
6. Please feel free to reach out to JBFC support for non-streaming questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.