You can order a virtual screening of Divine Love for just $12, after which you’ll have 48 hours to watch the film, all in an online screening room created just for patrons of the JBFC.
With each screening of Divine Love purchased during this period, you’ll provide much-needed support to both the JBFC and Outsider Pictures—who will evenly split the revenue—as we work together to continue bringing our audience exciting new and repertory releases.
Any questions? Check out our Virtual Screening Room FAQ.
About Divine Love:
2020. 101 m. Gabriel Mascaro. Outsider Pictures. Brazil. Portuguese with English subtitles. NR.
It’s the year 2027 in this dystopian, fluorescent sci-fi story of Joana (Brazilian star Dira Paes), who uses her bureaucratic job to convince divorcing couples to stay together. Her secret weapon is Divine Love, an evangelical cult she belongs to that mixes a little swinging and group fun into its more traditional prayers and services. Joana herself can’t seem to get pregnant by her own husband, so in an attempt to save her own marriage, she prays regularly at a very unusual religious drive-in, looking for a miracle to help her conceive. Divine Love is not only an amped up, sexy, and witty take on a future full of dance parties, ritualistic orgies, cults, and fundamentalist Christianity, but also a critique of today’s right-wing-led Brazil.
This film contains mildly graphic sexual situations—viewer discretion is advised.
Take part in a free livestream Q&A to discuss Divine Love on Sunday, November 15 at 8:00 pm EST with director Gabriel Mascaro (Neon Bull) and acclaimed U.S. film producer Ted Hope (Good Machine). Advance registration is required for this free Zoom event. Click HERE to register.
Divine Love is presented with support from the JBFC World Cinema Fund, sponsored by Wine Enthusiast.
- To take advantage of this screening option, you will follow this link to ROW8. You will first need to register on this site with your own personal login details (you will not have access through your existing JBFC account). It’s very easy! You will enter your name and email address and set a password. Signing up is totally free and you can opt out of any email communication from them.
- You can watch ROW8 movies on most popular platforms, including Roku, Samsung Smart TVs, Apple and Android mobile devices, most Web browsers, and via Chromecast and Airplay.
Note that you can rent movies on either ROW8.com or the ROW8 Roku app. Once you have rented a movie, you can watch it on any device linked to your account.
- For any questions regarding applicable devices, streaming connection or payment issues, you will need to visit ROW8’s FAQ page.
- Please feel free to reach out to JBFC support for non-streaming questions at email@example.com.
- Please note that we are unable to offer member prices.