You can order a virtual screening of Collective for just $12, after which you’ll have 30 days to start watching the film, all in an online screening room created just for patrons of the JBFC.
With each screening of Collective purchased during this period, you’ll provide much-needed support to both the JBFC and Magnolia Pictures—who will evenly split the revenue—as we work together to continue bringing our audience exciting new and repertory releases.
Any questions? Check out our Virtual Screening Room FAQ.
2020. 109 m. Alexander Nanau. Magnolia Pictures. Romania. Romanian with English subtitles. NR.
After an explosive fire claims the lives of 27 people at Bucharest nightclub Colectiv, officials reassure the public that surviving victims will receive care in facilities that are “better than in Germany.” Weeks later, a rising casualty count leads intrepid reporters at the Sports Gazette to investigate. Just as a crucial tip exposes the culpability of Hexi Pharma, a local firm, the Hexi Pharma’s owner dies under mysterious circumstances, and the health minister quietly resigns amid the uproar—but this is only the first chapter in a thrilling, ever-twisting exposé. Closely tracking the efforts of the Gazette team as they methodically discover layer upon layer of fraud and criminal malfeasance, Alexander Nanau’s Collective is a fast-paced, real-time detective story about truth, accountability, and the value of an independent press in partisan times.
Collective is a part of year-round JBFC series Global Watch: Crisis & Social Action.
This series is sponsored by:
Louis & Anne Abrons Foundation
Theodore & Renee Weiler Foundation
With generous support from:
National Endowment for the Arts
- To take advantage of this screening option, you will follow this link to Eventive. You will first need to register on this site with your own personal login details (you will not have access through your existing JBFC account). It’s very easy! You will enter your name and email address and set a password. Signing up is totally free.
- This film can be viewed on a television (using Eventive’s Apple TV app, or by mirroring a mobile device to your television set), a mobile device (iPhone, iPad, Android), and/or a computer (by clicking on the link in the confirmation email).
- For any questions regarding streaming connection or payment issues, you will need to visit Eventive’s help page.
- Please feel free to reach out to JBFC support for non-streaming questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that we are unable to offer member prices.