Virtual Screening Room FAQ
The JBFC has been able to secure films from a variety of production companies. All films available to rent can be screened online using a laptop or mobile device. Other options such as Roku, Chrome Cast or Apple TV may be available depending on the company. Instructions for how to view each film and the link to the film will be emailed to you after your purchase.
JBFC at Home
Virtual Screening Room
Criterion Channel FAQ
Distrib Films FAQ
Film Movement FAQ
Greenwich Entertainment FAQ
Magnolia Pictures FAQ
Music Box Films FAQ
Kino Now FAQ
First Run Features FAQ
Here are some helpful tips for your streaming from home:
- You can stream from a variety of devices—smartphone, iPad/tablet, desktop computer, laptop, smart TV, Roku or other stream cast device.
- JBFC members were offered a FREE 3-month TRIAL membership to MUBI, the film streaming service. For support, please go to MUBI’s website.
- We will offer periodic Q&As and webinars through the Zoom video web conferencing website/app as we add programming. We’ll announce these events in our bulletins with a link to register each time. Learn more about joining a webinar on Zoom and more about Zoom.
- If you are having problems, restart your device and internet modem and/or router.
- If possible, use a wired connection to increase internet speed.
- If using WiFi, try to move your device closer to the router.
- If playback is delayed or slow, try pausing the content to allow the buffering to make some progress before clicking play again.
- Make sure you are using the correct username/password to log in on your streaming device (browser or Roku/Apple tv app) (password IS case sensitive) Check whether caps lock is on/off.
- If using Chromecast, make sure the device is connected to the 2.4GHz WiFi network as Chromecast does not work on 5GHz networks.
- Make sure you’re not in airplane mode on your computer/mobile device.
- If streaming does not work, try another browser (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, etc).
- Make sure the duration of your rental has not expired (e.g. 2 day rental according to our site, 5 day rental according to Kino site)
If you have any JBFC related questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.