Registration Info for Courses at the Lab
Pricing and Payment
- JBFC members at the Film Buff level or higher receive priority purchase access.
- A $20 registration fee is payable per student per course. This fee is waived for all courses $50.
- Payment, which is due in full at time of registration, is accepted via credit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express)
- Enrollment is complete only after all fees have been paid; a completed Registration Form and Scholarship Application (if applicable) have been submitted; and you have received a confirmation email.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. If your desired course is full, please complete the waitlist available and will be notified if space becomes available.
- The JBFC reserves the right to cancel a course due to insufficient enrollment or other circumstances. If a course is cancelled, registrants will be notified immediately and all fees will be refunded. The JBFC cannot be held responsible for any other costs, charges, or expenses.
- Registration closes one week prior to the beginning of the course.
If a student is asked to leave a course due to inappropriate behavior or other circumstances deemed necessary by the JBFC, no refund will be given. If a student chooses to withdraw and does so in writing three weeks before the first day of class (Fall and Spring semester) 100% of the program fee will be refunded but the registration fee will be retained and an additional $25 cancellation fee will be charged.
For Summer @ the Lab programs, if a camper chooses to withdraw, and does so in writing prior to March 1, 2019, the program fee will be refunded. Withdrawal prior to May 1, 2019 will receive 50% refund of the program fee. NO refund will be given after May 1, 2019. In each case, the registration fee will be retained and a 5% administration fee will be charged.
If the JBFC cancels a course due to insufficient enrollment or other administrative reasons, all fees will be refunded. No refund will be given at any other time.
Inclement Weather and Make-Up Classes
- In the event of inclement weather, please call 914.773.7663, ext. 444, for an automated message, or visit our website where we will post cancellations.
- Please note that we follow the Pleasantville School System cancellations
- If a class is cancelled due to inclement weather, there will be a make-up session scheduled based on the availability of the facility and the instructor. The JBFC does not offer make-up classes or tuition reimbursement for student absenteeism.
- Students will be given a comp ticket, which enables those to purchase two free regular screening tickets at our JBFC Theater. Nonmembers enrolled in one-time or weekend workshops will be given popcorn and drink passes.
Students with special needs are encouraged to enroll in Media Arts Lab courses. The JBFC is committed to meeting the needs of all students. We strive to provide an optimal learning environment for all participants; a strong partnership and clear communication between our education faculty and parents is essential. We urge you to let us know if your child has an IEP at school or requires any special accommodations so that we may provide the proper support and ensure a positive experience for your child.
Phone: 914.773.7663, ext. 8