Creative Culture is committed to providing our fellows with a comprehensive understanding of what it means to live as a creative. Production partnerships achieve this goal by pairing local organizations with media needs and Creative Culture alumni. Creative Culture provides equipment, insurance, workspace, guidance, and support to the selected filmmaker as they envision, produce, and deliver a commissioned video to the satisfaction of the client.
Production Partnerships pair local filmmakers with local organizations for commissioned media with the Jacob Burns Film Center as the support system for both the filmmaker and the client. Each project is different but every partnership is transparent and seeks to fairly account for the cost of the project and fairly compensate the filmmaker.
Each production partnership offers:
- An initial meeting between the JBFC and the organization to best understand the scope and needs of the project.
- The opportunity for the organization to review previous work of the nominated filmmaker.
- A “whiteboard meeting” with the filmmaker and JBFC staff to creatively brainstorm and focus the goal of the media.
- A proposal generated by the filmmaker for the organization’s approval that envisions the project and maps out a production and post production schedule, including rough cut and fine cut reviews of the project with client prior to delivery.
- Clear communication and adherence to an agreed upon schedule between the filmmaker, the organization, and the JBFC.
- A transparent cost breakdown that gives the client a clear idea of the hours necessary and the opportunity to add on hours for additional cost.
Space is limited for the program. To reach out about a potential Production Partnership please email Director of Creative Culture Sean Weiner at email@example.com
Local organizations who have participated in Production Partnerships include: