Health & Safety Measures at the JBFC
Protocols comply with the Center for Disease Control and Prevention and the CinemaSafe program, an initiative of the National Association of Theatre Owners (NATO).
To keep the JBFC’s patrons and staff safe, the following health and safety measures have been taken:
- Masks are required at all times and in all areas inside the facility.
- Installation of Bi-Polar Ionization air purification units for all the air-conditioning systems at both the JBFC Theater and Media Arts Lab. These air purifiers use needlepoint cold plasma ionization to purify the air to the highest commercially-available standards. Generated ions are safe and effectively remove small particulates, dust, allergens, VOCs, and odors from the air. They have been proven, by independent laboratory testing, to kill airborne particulates and surface mold, including bacteria and viruses similar to COVID-19.
- Installation of plexiglass guards/shields at points of high contact, including the box office, customer service desk, and concessions counter
- Installation of multiple public hand sanitizer stations throughout the Theater building
- Installation of an outside box office window to limit time spent indoors and prevent lines from forming in the Lobby
- Installation of swivel-stand credit card readers to minimize contact at the point of purchase
- Signage posted throughout the JBFC Theater building to clearly define our policies and expectations for staff and patrons
- Application of floor decals throughout the JBFC Theater building to aid all to maintain distances of at least six feet between individuals at all times, in accordance with social distancing guidelines
Upon reopening, the following new health and safety measures are standard procedure:
- Rigorous training for all Theater staff in advance of reopening, and regular training refresher programs after opening
- Employee wellness will be monitored daily via regular temperature checks
- Staff will be equipped with proper PPE, including gloves and masks
- Staff will sanitize seats between screenings according to CDC guidelines
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of all spaces at regularly scheduled intervals
- Extensive and frequent restroom cleaning and disinfecting
- Concessions will not be available for purchase at the time of reopening, and consumption of food (including outside food) is not permitted in the theater until further notice
- As mandated by NY State, Theater ushers will assign seating and you are not permitted to change seats
- Implementation of a reduced screening schedule, including limited theater use and staggered showtimes, to limit the number of people physically in the JBFC Theater Lobby/building at one time
- Limitations on ticket availability and seating capacity, including the closure of every other row of seating, to observe social distancing guidelines
Here’s how you can help:
- If you are not feeling well or were exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last two weeks, please stay home. We will issue refunds as necessary (email email@example.com for details and assistance).
- Masks are required at all times and in all areas of the facility.
- Skip the box office and purchase your tickets in advance online to minimize in-person interaction, and to avoid being sold out due to limited seating and capacity.
- Maintain a 6-foot distance between yourself and others at all times while inside the facility.
- Arrive no earlier than 30 minutes before your show and promptly exit the theater onto the street after the movie ends to reduce lobby crowding.
- If you have a question or need help, ask a manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help in any way we can!
We look forward to opening our doors and welcoming you back to the JBFC beginning April 30!