Course Policies at the Lab
Pricing and Payment
- Payment, which is due in full at time of registration, is accepted via credit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express)
- Enrollment is complete when the Registration Form and Scholarship Application (if applicable) have been submitted, and you have received a confirmation email.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. If a course fills, a waitlist may be provided and you will be notified if space becomes available.
- The JBFC reserves the right to cancel any course due to insufficient enrollment or other circumstances. If a course is cancelled, registrants will be notified immediately and all fees will be refunded. The JBFC cannot be held responsible for any other costs, charges, or expenses.
If a student is asked to leave a course due to inappropriate behavior or other circumstances deemed necessary by the JBFC, no refund will be given.
Withdrawal before the start of the course will receive a 100% refund of the program fee. NO refund will be given on or after the start date of the course.
If the JBFC cancels a course due to insufficient enrollment or other administrative reasons, all fees will be refunded. No refund will be given at any other time.
The JBFC is committed to meeting the needs of all students to the best of our staff’s abilities. To provide an optimal learning environment for all participants, clear communication between our education team and parents is a must. We urge you to let us know if your child has an IEP at school or requires any special accommodations so that we may provide the proper support and ensure a positive experience for your child.
Phone: 914.773.7663, ext. 8
A limited number of full and partial scholarships are available for this course. If you are interested in a scholarship, please contact us by email at email@example.com
JBFC Courses at the Lab COVID-19 Health and Safety Policy
To provide a safe, in-person learning environment for all students, the Jacob Burns Film Center is currently requiring the following for its courses held at the Media Arts Lab: **Please note that these guidelines are subject to change.**
- Students are not required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend courses at the Lab.
Masks & Social Distancing
- Masks are optional. KN95s will be provided upon request.
- In the case of a COVID community spike, masks may go from optional to required. *See COVID-19 Symptoms & Exposure Protocol below.
- Social distancing is not required, though will be available for snack times if requested by students.
Cleaning & Disinfecting
- All classrooms and high touch surfaces will be regularly cleaned and disinfected.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided in all common spaces.
COVID-19 Symptoms & Exposure Protocol
- We continue to follow CDC guidance with regards to isolation and testing after exposure: https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s1227-isolation-quarantine-guidance.html
- Students experiencing any of the following symptoms will not be allowed to attend the course: cough, fever, shortness of breath, new loss of taste/smell.
- If a students is currently at the Lab and begins experiencing any of these symptoms, a parent or guardian (if applicable) must pick them up as soon as possible.
- If someone in a course comes down with COVID, they will not be allowed to return until receiving a negative COVID test. Here is the JBFC’s protocol if such a situation arises:
- We will send out an email as soon as possible alerting all exposed students and their parents/guardians (if applicable).
- Students who have been exposed will be asked to take a COVID-19 test before returning to class. KN95s will be provided upon request.
- We encourage that any individual exposed to COVID-19 take a COVID-19 test before returning to the JBFC campus.