Programming Administrative Assistant (Part-Time)
Job Title: Programming Administrative Assistant (Part-Time)
Reports To: Director of Special Event Programming
The Jacob Burns Film Center (JBFC) is a nonprofit cultural and educational institution located in Pleasantville, NY, dedicated to presenting the best of independent narrative, documentary, and world cinema, promoting visual literacy, and making film a vibrant part of the community.
We are seeking a part-time Programming Administrative Assistant to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Special Event Programming, the Programming Administrative Assistant plays a supportive role in the day-to-day operations of the Programming Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with the Programming Team to review and enter schedule information into Artifax.
- Enter confirmed programs, series, and events into Artifax.
- Build Series, Booking, and Coming Soon pages on WordPress.
- Pull assets from distributors.
- Help coordinate and book travel for special guests.
- General administrative duties.
- As needed, assist with event support (may involve evening work).
- A minimum of one year of administrative experience in a busy office environment.
- Highly organized, with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, within a team setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively with JBFC staff as well as high-profile industry members.
- Computer literate, with excellent quantitative skills and great attention to detail.
Ideal Applicants Would Have:
- A keen interest in independent film.
- Experience in a movie theater, performing arts center, or other arts nonprofit institution is a decided plus.
Terms: 6-month employment contract, starting ASAP
Hours: Mondays and Tuesdays, 11:00 am-4:00 pm, 10 hours a week. As needed, evening hours required any weekday to support events.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Programming Administrative Assistant 23” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls, please.
Unsure if you should apply? Research indicates that some candidates are less likely to apply if they do not meet 100 percent of the listed qualifications. If this is you, and you believe you would excel in this position, we strongly encourage you to submit your application. We are actively recruiting candidates with diverse work experiences, backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, and abilities. We believe all work experience has value, and are fully considering all applicants with a strong desire to help us fulfill our mission, including candidates who are making career-focus shifts or returning from employment gaps. Please use your cover letter as an opportunity to express your interest in JBFC’s mission and programs, and how you envision yourself contributing as a member of our team.
Our organization participates in the E-Verify Program.
The Jacob Burns Film Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in hiring and employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, creed, sex, gender (including gender identity), sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic predisposition and/or carrier status, disability, age, religion, marital status, national origin or citizenship status, veteran status, or any other classification as protected by law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply for positions to be filled. Please inform the JBFC if you need any assistance with the instructions provided to participate in our application process. Questions and concerns may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties and responsibilities that are required of this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned.