Executive Assistant to the Executive Director and General Manager (ED/GM)
The Jacob Burns Film Center is a nonprofit cultural and educational institution located in Pleasantville NY whose mission is dedicated to presenting the best of independent, documentary, and world cinema, promoting visual literacy, and making film a vibrant part of the community. The JBFC is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse team and is working to further the goals of diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism at all levels. We are seeking an Executive Assistant to support the Executive Director and the General Manager.
The Executive Assistant (EA) will provide high-level, confidential assistance to two C-suite-level executives. The EA may also be asked to support other departments in the Lab, as well as the Theater. The EA will routinely collaborate with all departments and most employees within the JBFC
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The EA will manage meeting calendars for ED and GM, setting up complex, multiparty meetings and understanding relative priority of each invitee and each meeting.
- The EA will serve as a liaison between the ED and the Board of Directors as needed. They will manage confidential documents, upload items to our board platform, and create, collect, and distribute materials for various meetings.
- The EA will coordinate board and board committee meetings, working with senior staff, committee chairs, and Board leadership to ensure that meetings occur regularly, materials are accurate and timely, and that minutes are taken, edited, and circulated. Additionally, the EA will attend quarterly board meetings and some committee meetings as requested to record minutes and help facilitate.
- The EA will assist the Finance team with answering questions about processes, such as accounts payable and payroll, as well as with facilitating routine transactions.
- The EA will support the GM with general administrative support in service of the oversight of JBFC as a business entity.
- The EA will work closely with other departments including, Development, Communications, Education, Creative Culture and Lab Programs, Film Programming, and Human Resources, as needed.
- As a key member of the administrative team, the EA will work closely with and back up the Development managers and the Office Manager as well as be backed up by them, and work collaboratively with the entire administrative team.
- Administrative duties in support of the ED and GM include travel arrangements, expense reports, calendar management, mailing and shipping, filing and organizing, drafting communications, fielding and directing correspondence, and other duties as assigned by the ED and GM.
- Any additional duties related to this position as deemed appropriate by the Executive Director or General Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Several years of experience working in a busy office environment, preferably supporting senior administrative staff.
- Must be detail-oriented and fearless, with key skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must enjoy customer service and complex conversations with donors and the public.
- Ability to handle and safeguard confidential materials.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Should be flexible, dexterous, eager, and able to support the organization in a multitude of ways.
- Ability to work independently without close oversight, but also excited by the opportunity to contribute and work with a larger team.
- Commitment to nonprofit work and interest in film a plus.
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills – written and oral – and enjoy dealing with the public.
- Should have solid mathematical skills and be comfortable working with numbers.
The position enjoys a hybrid work situation, with the ability to work from home part of the time.
Start date: ASAP
Salary range: $45,000-$50,000
The JBFC offers an excellent benefit package, including:
- Unlimited PTO after two years of service (23 days of annual PTO for first 2 years)
- Generous sick leave
- Fully covered Paid Family Leave (PFL) for all FT staff
- Summer Fridays
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, including a generous HRA to cover deductibles, as well as a Flexible Spending Account
- 403(b) plan (non-matching)
- Potential for flex work schedule (in office vs. remote)
- Annual Professional Development fund
- One paid Volunteer Day per 12 month period
- Office located across the street from Metro North station (Harlem Line)
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Executive Assistant 21” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
Learn more about the organization at www.burnsfilmcenter.org
The Jacob Burns Film Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring and employment on the basis of race, creed, sex, gender, religion, age, color, disability, marital status, national origin or citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic predisposition and/or carrier status, veteran status, or any other classification as protected by law. Please inform the JBFC if you need any assistance with the instructions provided to participate in our application process. Questions and concerns may be directed to email@example.com