Education Programs Coordinator, Temporary and Part-Time
Job Title: Education Programs Coordinator, Temporary and Part-Time
Reports To: Senior Education Programs Manager
The Jacob Burns Film Center (JBFC) is a nonprofit cultural and educational institution located in Pleasantville, NY, dedicated to presenting the best of independent narrative, documentary, and world cinema, promoting visual literacy, and making film a vibrant part of the community.
In your role as Education Programs Coordinator, you will be reporting to the Senior Education Programs Manager and lead and maintain administrative activities for all education programs with his support.
- Administer all invoices and invoicing for public, school, and online programs.
- Manage online platforms for education offerings including creating performance copy, linking registrations, and page updates.
- Provide customer service support and information on JBFC’s educational offerings.
- Manage both the Registrar and Education emails, phone lines and voicemails.
- Order and track popcorn requests from education staff for onsite educational programs.
- Manage online ordering, shipment tracking, and purchase history for education programs.
- Assist with education department programs, purchasing food and supplies.
- Stock classroom supplies for public and school programs.
- Collaborate with Education staff on outreach, recruitment, and communication with participants of our school, public, and online educational offerings.
- Create, monitor, and administer education program registrations edits in Artifax.
- Follow up with parents of students to receive required documents, permissions, immunizations, and additional information; communicate registration dates, and other important dates.
- Create materials, student rosters, attendance sheets, and sign out sheets for future onsite offerings.
- Manage dissemination of all Dropbox and Vimeo links for education participants.
- Create and monitor education program registration and copy for the website, e-bulletins, slides, and promotional materials including schedule for copy and manage copy edits with editor.
- Manage online educational offerings page on website overseeing content, layout, and communication of mission.
On-Site Programs Coordination:
- Provide event and site management and support for on-site education programs (family engagement, professional development, school visits, supplies, etc.).
- Support organization-wide efforts as needed.
- Provide departmental administrative support as assigned i.e. data entry, scanning, filing, and assembling materials.
Core Competencies and Skills:
- Experience in an administrative position or office environment with strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and demonstrated attention to detail.
Start date: ASAP
Terms: 3 months, until February 10, 2022
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 12:30pm, 20 hours a week
The JBFC office is located across the street from Metro North Pleasantville station (Harlem Line).
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Education Programs Coordinator 22” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls, please.
Learn more about the organization at burnsfilmcenter.org
The Jacob Burns Film Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in hiring and employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, creed, sex, gender (including gender identity), sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic predisposition and/or carrier status, disability, age, religion, marital status, national origin or citizenship status, veteran status, or any other classification as protected by law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply for positions to be filled. Please inform the JBFC if you need any assistance with the instructions provided to participate in our application process. Questions and concerns may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties and responsibilities that are required of this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned.